This privacy statement explains how handle we the personal information of our clients and candidates. This statement sets out the how we collect your personal information, how we use and disclose that information and other rights in relation to your personal information. We encourage you to read this statement carefully and if you do not agree with any part of it, please let us know as soon as possible.
Agency holding personal information
Digital Garage Limited of 135 Broadway, New Market, Auckland is holding your personal information. Collection of personal information Candidates
Personal information will be collected from you when:
- You complete one of our application forms or provide any information in connection with your application.
- You attend a meeting or interview with us.
- You apply for work placement through a job notice board (such as Seek).
- We receive any reference about you.
- We receive the results of any tests or assessments (including medical tests and competency assessment).
- We receive credit and criminal record checks or other background checks.
- We receive the results of your work rights status.
- We receive feedback or information about you in the workplace.
- If you subscribe to receive direct marketing communications from us.
- We collect information about you from a public domain source.
- You provide us with any additional information.
Generally, we will collect information when meet or speak with you, when you express and interest in our services or when you provide feedback regarding one of candidates.
If you are a referee, we will collect information when a candidate provides us with your details and informs us that you have consented to being contacted. We contact referees primarily by telephone and take notes of the conversation, however, occasionally we may contact you by email. We keep records of references confidential and do not share these with candidates. How we use your personal information Digital Garage Limited will collect your personal information for its own use.
Your personal information may be used in connection with:
- Potential or actual work placement.
- To match you with job opportunities with our clients.
- To identify what jobs, you may be interested in.
- Any tests or assessments (including medical tests and competency assessments) that you might be required to undertake in connection with potential or actual employment.
- Undertaking criminal reference checks and other background checks, including credit checks.
- To follow up with you to assess your interest in work placements.
- Our direct marketing and communications with you.
We typically use your personal information to maintain our business relationships, provide marketing and communications to you, compliance purposes and to provide our services to you.
We typically use your information to assess a candidate’s suitability for employment. Who we share your information with?
When providing us with personal information you consent to your personal information being disclosed to:
- Our potential or actual clients.
- Potential employers so that they can access your suitability for employment.
- Our employees, agents, or subcontractors (who are under obligations of confidentiality).
- A Government Department (or their agents).
- Our insurers.
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your information.
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain your information.